For the meat:
- 2.5 kg pork shoulder without the bone
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 2tbsp cajun mix spice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups of Brava BBQ Sauce
For the salad:
- 1/2 green cabbage, finely sliced
- 1/2 red cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 large carrots, finely sliced
- 3/4 cups Brava Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp apple vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- grounded black pepper
- 15 hamburger buns
- We preheat the oven at 140oc.
- In a tray we lay the onions and the garlic and add the chicken broth on top.
- In a boal we mix the spices mixture with the brown sugar.
- We dry the meat with kitchen paper and spread the spices mixture everywhere.
- We lay the meat on top of the onion and garlic and we cover the tray with foil.
- We cook for 6-8 hours.
- We put the meat on a cutting board to let it cool.
- We strain the liquids of the tray in a boal and keep them.
- Using two forks we rip apart the meat and throw away the fat. Then we put the meat back to the tray.
- We add 2 cups of Brava BBQ Sauce and some of the liquids that we kept, in case our meat is really dry.
For the salad:
- In a large boal we add the red and green cabage the carrots and the onion.
- In another boal we wisk the mayonnaise with the apple vinegar and some salt and pepper and therefore we dress the salad.
- We mix the salad and we check if it needs extra salt and pepper.
- We put the meat on the hamburger bun and on top of the meat the coleslaw salad.